Light It Up!
There are so many things to love about Christmas - music, presents, decorations, bad sweaters, and crazy uncle Sal dressed as Santa! And to top it all, the twinkling lights. Christmas is something referred to as the season of light. Not just because of the colorful lights you see hanging on houses and tress, but because we celebrate the birth of Jesus - the Light of the World. During "Light It Up!," kids will get clues about the contents of a present. At the flip of a switch, the present will light up, magically revealing the contents and shedding light on the amazing story of Jesus' birth.
Lesson 5.1: Zechariah and Elizabeth
- THE BIG IDEA: God is gracious, so we can find joy in the gift of His Son.
- KEY VERSE: Psalm 145.8
- BIBLE BASIS: Luke 1:5-15
Lesson 5.2: John the Baptist is Born
- THE BIG IDEA: Jesus is the reason we celebrate Christmas, so we can prepare our hearts for Him.
- KEY VERSE: Psalm 51:10
- BIBLE BASIS: Luke 1:57-80
Lesson 5.3: The Greatest Gift: Jesus is Born
- THE BIG IDEA: Jesus is the greatest Christmas gift of all times, so we can give glory and praise to God.
- KEY VERSE: John 3:16
- BIBLE BASIS: Matthew 1:18-25; Luke 2:1-20
Lesson 5.4: Wise Men Worship the King of Kings
- THE BIG IDEA: Jesus is the King of Kings and worthy of our worship.
- KEY VERSE: Matthew 2:2
- BIBLE BASIS: Matthew 2:1-12
Elementary Scope & Sequence: